Thanks for your answer!

The problem is still the same with 'inputContainer', I need to make a
temporary update if I want to prepend / append something.

I will look at custom widget but I am not sure it's match what I want...
The prepend / append options should be available with most type of input,
it's not really a widget itself.

On Friday, August 1, 2014 1:37:54 PM UTC+2, Thomas von Hassel wrote:

> use the `inputContainer` template to wrap the content like this:
>
> 'inputContainer' => '<div class="form-group input
> {{type}}{{required}}">{{content}}</div>’,
>
> or create a custom widget, depending on how much customisation you want
>

> On 01 Aug 2014, at 12:24, Mikaël Capelle <capelle...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am porting my CakePHP 2.0 helpers to CakePHP 3.0 and I am facing some
> troubles with my custom FormHelper. The helpers are made to be used with
> bootstrap, the two form helpers can be found here:
> >         • CakePHP 2 -
> https://github.com/Holt59/cakephp-bootstrap3-helpers/blob/master/View/Helper/BootstrapFormHelper.php
>
> >         • CakePHP 3 -
> https://github.com/Holt59/cakephp3-bootstrap3-helpers/blob/master/View/Helper/BootstrapFormHelper.php
>
> > In the BootstrapFormHelper::input method, I have a 'prepend' and
> 'append' options which are used to create bootstrap input groups. With the
> 2.0 version, I used the 'before' and 'after' options to create such groups
> but these options are not available anymore with CakePHP 3.0 so what I'm
> doing is a temporary template change:
> >
> > $oldTemplate = $this->templates('input') ;
> > if ($options['prepend']) {
> >     $this->templates([
> >         'input' => /* ... */
> >     ]) ;
> > }
> > $res = parent::input(/* ... */) ;
> > $this->templates([
> >     'input' => $oldTemplate
> > ]) ;
> > return $res ;
> >
> > Is there a better way to do such thing with CakePHP 3.0?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
> > Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP