I think my question was not clear actually...

What I'm doing is inheriting standard CakePHP FormHelper to generate HTML
form with bootstrap templates. It's currently working well, but in the
'input' method overload, I'm doing a temporary change to the 'input'
template as shown in my first post.

My question is: Is that a 'good' way of doing what I want? I mean, using
temporary template changes.

I don't want people to have to change the template manually when calling
the 'input' method, it should be transparent for users.

Thanks for your answer,

On Friday, August 1, 2014 2:21:34 PM UTC+2, José Lorenzo wrote:

> You can make temporary changes to the templates both with Form->create()
> and Form->input()
>
> $this->From-input('foo', ['templates' => ['inputContainer' =>
> $template]]);
>
> An alternative is not using input(); but just build the html yourself in
> the template and call $this->Form->text('foo') , for example
>
> On Friday, August 1, 2014 1:51:48 PM UTC+2, Mikaël Capelle wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your answer!
>>
>> The problem is still the same with 'inputContainer', I need to make a
>> temporary update if I want to prepend / append something.
>>
>> I will look at custom widget but I am not sure it's match what I want...
>> The prepend / append options should be available with most type of input,
>> it's not really a widget itself.
>>
>> On Friday, August 1, 2014 1:37:54 PM UTC+2, Thomas von Hassel wrote:
>>>
>>> use the `inputContainer` template to wrap the content like this:
>>>
>>> 'inputContainer' => '<div class="form-group input
>>> {{type}}{{required}}">{{content}}</div>’,
>>>
>>> or create a custom widget, depending on how much customisation you want

>>> some troubles with my custom FormHelper. The helpers are made to be used
>>> with bootstrap, the two form helpers can be found here:
>>> https://github.com/Holt59/cakephp-bootstrap3-helpers/blob/master/View/Helper/BootstrapFormHelper.php

>>> https://github.com/Holt59/cakephp3-bootstrap3-helpers/blob/master/View/Helper/BootstrapFormHelper.php

>>> 'append' options which are used to create bootstrap input groups. With the
>>> 2.0 version, I used the 'before' and 'after' options to create such groups
>>> but these options are not available anymore with CakePHP 3.0 so what I'm
>>> doing is a temporary template change:

>>> an email to cake-php+u...@googlegroups.com.

---