Hello Matt

Thanks for the suggestion.   Can you give me a link to something simpler ?
I am really struggling to understand how cakePHP works, coming from a raw
HTML (with minimal javascript) background.     As you suggest, I would like
to start up simple and then progress to more complicated models once I can
see how the simple stuff works.

Regards

Lorne

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 9:46:13 PM UTC-5, mbingham wrote:

> Hello Lorne,
>
> Might I suggest working on something that is simpler for the moment?
> Something that doesn't require both core app logic *and* auth code.  Back
> off.  Find something that isn't so meaty and ease into it.  Failing that,
> try to implement this blog tutorial without the auth component and then
> start over (yes over -- you'll benefit from solving the same problems with
> different eyes) with it.
>
> Good luck!
> Matt
>
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 12:16 AM, Lorne Dudley <dud...@queensu.ca
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hello John !
>>
>> Thanks for responding.   My major problem seems to be interpreting the
>> tutorial properly and not making typo errors.  The tutorial neglected to
>> mention that <?php tags should enclose some of the samples.   I have made
>> some progress since yesterday but still have not got the authorization
>> stuff completely coded.
>>
>> I was hoping someone on the list might have accomplished a clean
>> installation and would be willing to share their work.
>>
>> I will keep working at this and perhaps post later if I encounter more
>> problems.   I think there might be some design problems in part one of the
>> tutorial on how
>> the flow between various screens works but I will hold off detailing that
>> "problem" until I get the authorization part "completed".
>>
>> A download of the completed working code sure would have been nice !
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Lorne
>>

>> On Friday, November 28, 2014 12:45:35 PM UTC-5, John Andersen wrote:
>>>
>>> Can I understand you correctly, that there are no actual error in the
>>> blog tutorial, just that it gives you grief?
>>>
>>> If I am mistaken, please be so kind and explain to us, how you
>>> experience the error? How far have you got in the tutorial? What is not
>>> displayed correctly? ... and provide screenshots if possible.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance

>> Like Us on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/CakePHP
>> Find us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP
>>
>> ---