> If '123' is the actual data in your password field in the data record,
it's very likely this is the problem you're having with logging in.
Maybe this is the problem;)

> That's why i recommended setting up the create-user form from the
tutorial.
> It will set up the creation of the user record, which will encrypt the
password you supply and store *that* version in the table for comparison
during login.
I will try the CTP style login soon.
But, could I use existed (user) data if I just wanted to test my login
success or failure with session functionality?
Not want to do the creating user process before other implementations.

Thank you,
tech_me

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 9:11:07 AM UTC+9, Joe T. wrote:

> [...]
> Just want to clarify. Manually adding records won't work in this case.
> >It is the actual data which is storing in my `users` table.
>
> If '123' is the actual data in your password field in the data record,
> it's very likely this is the problem you're having with logging in.
>
> The line
>   if ($this->Auth->login()) { ...
> fails because Auth->login() method encrypts the POST password, turning '
> *123*' into something like *$2y$10$VgMbmaJ5l96WJYJeU*... (in other words,
> an encrypted version of '*123*'). The encrypted string is compared to the
> database value more or less *as-is*. It expects the database value to
> *already* be encrypted. If they match, login passes. In your case:
>
> Encrypted POST password *$2y$10$VgMbmaJ5l96WJYJeU*... *!==* stored
> password value *123*, so login fails.
>
> That's why i recommended setting up the create-user form from the
> tutorial. It will set up the creation of the user record, which will
> encrypt the password you supply and store *that* version in the table for
> comparison during login.
>
> When i said you should adapt it to your needs, i meant the way the
> tutorial demonstrates the Form builder for CTP may not match exactly what
> you need for TAL. i'm unfamiliar with that, so if ignore that part if it
> was more confusing. :)
>
> Hope that clears things up a *little*. :)
> -joe
>

> On Sunday, 4 January 2015 01:59:27 UTC-5, tech_me wrote:
>>
>> Hi Joe,
>> Happy New Year!
>>
>> I'm sorry for delaying reply you.
>> > Is that the actual data in `users`, or just simplified for example?
>> Just want to clarify. Manually adding records won't work in this case.
>> It is the actual data which is storing in my `users` table.
>>
>> > Auth automatically encrypts the submitted password & compares it to the
>> database value. If you enter '123' as the password, it's not going to match
>> '123' in the database after Auth encrypts it.
>> I don't know this issue, but entered the password `123` just as it have
>> been stored in my table.
>> Maybe this is the problem...I'll check it.
>>
>> > Obviously, adapt the CTP form to your TAL needs.
>> What this means? Are you talking about the usage in my controller but not
>> html(TAL) files for login?
>>
>> Regards,
>> tech_me
>>

>> On Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:35:40 PM UTC+9, Joe T. wrote:
>>>
>>> Is that the actual data in `users`, or just simplified for example? Just
>>> want to clarify. Manually adding records won't work in this case. Auth
>>> automatically encrypts the submitted password & compares it to the database
>>> value. If you enter '123' as the password, it's not going to match '123' in
>>> the database after Auth encrypts it.
>>>
>>> Look here for how to set up adding/editing users:
>>> http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/tutorials-and-examples/blog-auth-example/auth.html
>>> Obviously, adapt the CTP form to your TAL needs.

---