I don't have that book. But the best link that I can find about the
subject (with an example in Access 2000) is here:

http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0023.htm

I'm not on Windows right now and I haven't looked into it yet to see
if this is what you mean.

On 1/3/07, Dr. Tarique Sani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/3/07, Langdon Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This discussion has peaked my interest in MPTT implementations. I am
> > working on an object system for a CMS based on CakePHP and the object
> > tree is implemented using MPTT. I did a "textbook" implementation of
> > the thing, which means using a recursive algorithm to reorder the tree
> > traversal data (lft and rgt) for each tree node in for inserts and
> > deletes.
>
> Tree traversal methods are not in my area of expertise unfortunately (I
> am better at using the tools given to me), so excuse me if I can't add
> much to this sub thread.  I am however very interested to hear what you
> have to say on the subject :-)

If I am not mistaken Joe Celko's book on Nested Tree sets has a
chapter on what to do when your trees need frequent inserts....

/me adds TODO: to find that book

Tarique
PHP Applications for E-Biz: http://www.sanisoft.com
Cheesecake-Photoblog: http://cheesecake-photoblog.org