On Jan 5, 9:11 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks AD7six - just for my education, is this:

> On Jan 4, 10:07 am, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > other parts of each layout can contain different
> > static content, elements (echo $this->renderElement('my_element') ) ,
> > request actions (echo $this->requestAction(params) ) or plain old php.

> Not strictly accurate ;) So just for clarification:...
inaccurate or is it incomplete? I've been using/testing all of the
above without any problems, but if any of it's going to bite me on the
bum in the future I'd like to stop using it:)
Hi Oldgreycells,

I think I didn't read your post correctly ;). I picked out "parts of
each layout can contain different static content", without realizing
that I then went on to repeat the rest of what you said. There is
nothing wrt layouts, views, elements that is likely to bite.

HTH,

AD7six
Please note:
The manual/bakery is a good place to start any quest for info.
The cake search (at the time of writing) erroneously reports less/no
results for the google group.
The wiki may contain incorrect info - read at your own risk (it's
mainly user submitted) :) You may get your answer quicker by asking on
the IRC Channel (you can access it with just a browser
here:http://irc.cakephp.org).