On 1/8/07, Veloz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Any thoughts on this?

Michael

Much like Ruby on Rails, Cake is chosing "convention over
configuration" over "endless flexibility" as a design mantra.  Yes,
there are helpers and other "magic" tools to help you get things done.
However, most of the magic (in my opinion) seems to be on the output
side.  The benefit to this "magic"?  You can get things done faster by
following the rules.  It's really that simple.

So, you can use the helpers and follow the conventions they establish,
or you can do all your HTML by hand and have the flexibility you seek.
Luckily you can do both.  Personally, I find that I prefer to use the
conventions wherever possible and build my application around those.

Just thought I'd give my perspective.

--
Chris Hartjes

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

rallyhat.com - digitial photo scavenger hunt
@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard