That's a good point, Nate, thanks for reminding me of that.

And once the assumptions/auto-magic of methods like "create()" and
"input()" are documented we will all probably feel a little better
about using them.

I am still new to Cake and when I see snippets of Cake code where the
framework is checking for things like fields named "id", and creating
hidden fields on your behalf (something to do with primary keys I
guess) my reaction is "what the heck?"  This reluctance would probably
decrease if I had something closer to a bigger picture of all the magic
that is possible/normal/conventional in Cake..

Michael