How about an incremental documentation process? I'm not even sure what
exactly I'm talking about here, haha.

Right now I'm helping document the code (and hopefully a developer/user
guide in the future) for Bakesale with a few hours of work every week.
Been really busy but I still want to contribute in some ways.

So what I do is to document two files every week (at least). With the
complexity of a framework I guess that'll take longer. But my point is
maybe some system can be put in place such that the documentation can
be put up bit by bit?

Just my 2 cents worth.