Nate, I already have Debugging as 0 and I have SQL caching on. After
looking at your post I searched for [speed] on this group, but didn't
find anything useful.

I am, however, inspired and excited by what you are saying. I noticed
the post by gwoo on speed tests, (
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/cake-php/browse_frm/thread/aa3b4494f38708a/446ef6fd49bd6e6d
) but it didn't point to specific solutions, more of a clarion call to
cake developers. Perhaps it would be useful if we could pinpoint steps
to follow in this thread so that it can be a resource for other
developers, which in time we could transpose to the bakery