I've just done a survey.

I had:
Surveys id,description,intro (an extended text), status
(planned,running,finished), date started, date finished
Questions id,survey_id,question,sequence
Answers id,question_id,answer,sequence
Response_answers, id,question_id,answer_id

Are you interested in getting the code?  I'm trying to tidy it to release.