Sam, I eventually makes your sample codes runs according to  http://
bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/225
Thanks!! But I have to make following changes on your codes before it
runs, maybe because that CakePHP keeps changing.

file "views/helpers/fpdf.php"
====================
1. "vendors(...);" is wrong, should be "vendor(...)" without "s".
2. add following additional var:

    function fpdfHelper extends FPDF(){
        var $helpers = array(); //I guess it is mandatory for latest
CakePHP
    }
3.change default value in function fpdfOutput to be "D" instead of
's', so that:
    function fpdfOutput ($name = 'page.pdf', $destination = 'D')
   I have tried all options, only this works stable both in IE and
FireFox. Otherwise, there are chances showing messy or blank page. -_-

file "views/layouts/pdf.ctp" (I use *.ctp instead of *.thtml")
//don't need this header output, because "vendors/fpdf/fpdf.php" has
done this line
//header("Content-type: application/pdf");

Accordingly, I use "$fpdf->fpdfOutput()" instead of "echo $fpdf-
>fpdfOutput();"

Anyway, your codes help me a lot. Thanks. I will keep playing with
your extending codes.