Hey,

Personally I wouldn't even consider writing my own filemanager
(whatever you call it) unless I'd have some pretty specific
requirements or license to abide to. I've implemented the MoxieCode
FileManager (not free but cheap, and very well integrated with free
tinyMCE) before and I know there are other good ones out there (the
one you mentioned seems nice too). Basically you want file creation,
rename, zip/unzip, resize/crop images maybe, move, and so on.

Basically, it's a matter of configuring the manager properly. Most of
the work is done in a view. the manager is quite simply iframed. I
have however tweaked bits and pieces in the controler in order for the
security with the filemanager to be seemless and still strong. I have
no clue how that *afb* is secured though. The implementation I'm
talking about even have different security groups, so that if the user
is in a specific group, I render on configuration, disallowing for
instance file deletion.

Hope this helps!

Seb.