Hello,

I see many possible problem sources here:

1) Database structure: how are you associating the topics and issues o
the DB?
2) Cake Model Association: how are you telling Cake to fetch the
results? Does each issue "belongsTo" one topic?
3) Bake.php: while bake.php is an amazing tool, you should always look
critical to it...here's a fine example, you used bake.php and the
results doesn't match what you were expecting...this is recurrent in
code generation tools...remember: Bake.php is not the cure of all
evil!! :-)

You should definitely try to code that topic/issue by hand (don't use
bake.php) if you are unable to solve the problem by changing DB
structure and Cake Association Model.

Try to work these points, if nothing exchanges post here the DB
structure and the Model code and we will try to figure it out!

Good luck