No, that's not what I mean.

I don't want to get the arguments in the function body.
My problem is how to call the function.

If the argument was just a string

I could write

<button onclick="update_div('http://localhost/cake/tests/foo/
some_string','main')> Click me </button>

(update_div is a javascript function to change innerHtml of div wiith
the given id(main above))

but if I have $arr=array('key1'=>'value1','key2','value2')
and I want to pass that as an argument of foo I cannot use the code
above.

So I am asking if there is any way I can do that.
Even how to explicitly call somehow test_controller->foo($array)
in a view template