Michael Rubanov wrote:

> When mod_rewrite future is on , I am getting 500 errors on all
> controllers...

Do these errors go away if you manually append a trailing slash to the url?

I have just started with cakephp and the first thing I did was throw the
completed tutorial up onto my godaddy shared linux hosting account to make
sure it would work. I got the same errors you describe until I noticed that
they worked perfectly with a trailing slash. I have found some references
online to the "trailing slash problem" but no definitive solution.

I have simply gotten used to adding the trailing slash in code and
everything works fine.
e.g.,
<?php echo $html->link($movie['Movie']['title'],
"/movies/detail/{$movie['Movie']['id']}"); ?>
becomes
<?php echo $html->link($movie['Movie']['title'],
"/movies/detail/{$movie['Movie']['id']}/"); ?>

I don't know if this is the best solution, but it seems to be working so
far.

<edit: sorry if this is a duplicate message, I don't think I was a member of
the group for my first attempted reply.>