I know this isn't much help... but my suggestion is to use not use
godaddy for hosting! I still have most of my domains registered though
godaddy (too much trouble to move them all), but their hosting is very
restrictive.

I have been using www.1and1.com (linux business account)  for nearly 2
years, without a single complaint.

-their prices are unbeatable
-their customer service is "adequate" (I've only had to use it
once....)
-and cakePHP works great (php4 and/or php5)

As someone said, it is mass budget hosting, so don't expect personal
service.

I had to make one change to the .htaccess file to get cake to work
properly:
Change this:
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]
To this:
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

gl,
cook