Thanks it worked like a charm. So has $this->controller been
deprecated in the View?

I ask this because the view still accepts the &$controller object as a
parameter. I have just started using Cake, and so I just hacked the
view constructor to populate var $controller like in 1.1. What's the
recommended way to access the controller in the view? Also for
validation, it seems that the $model->validationErrors array never
makes it to the FormHelper and so can't be accessed by
FormHelper::isFieldError() and FormHelper::error(). I did a little
workaround in Helper::tagIsInvalid() that copied the validation errors
from associated models. Will there be a fix for this soon or is there
an alternative method that I'm missing.

Thanks

Steven

PS: Cake is pretty sweet.