2007/3/8, Sonic Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I take it this means you use  the vendors directory in the root of the repo
> for the initial vendor drops, then tag each drop and merge the changes
> between 'current' and the previous tag into the vendors directory in the
> cake or app directoies, e.g.
>
> repo
>     trunk
>         app
>             controllers
>             vendors <-----
>         cake                   |------ changes merged from below into here
>         vendors  <-------
>
>     branches
>     tags
>     vendor <----vendor drops of cake, external calsses etc go here
>         cake
>             current
>             1.1.2.xxx
>             1.1.3.xxx
>             etc...
>         some_lib
>             current
>             1.0.1
>             1.1.2
>             etc...
> Is this along the lines of what you're doing?

That is exactly how I laid out my repository. Cake as well as other
external libs go in the vendors-dir in the repository, loaded by
svn_load_dirs. I drop the entire Cake-archive, including app and cake.

I then merge changes between previously-current and current into the trunk.

Any changes to the app-skeleton (or changes in default configuration
files in app - consider an extra configuration option) will be merged
in as well (of course, I'm extra cautious with any merge that changes
something in app/).

Martin

--
  Martin Schapendonk, [EMAIL PROTECTED]