Given the information you have supplied, almost any database on the
market would suit your needs.

The influencing factors are not usually performance (that is
determined as much by application/schema design as by the RDBMS and
can be mitigated by a variety of caching and/or distributed
mechanisms), but features and availability. For example, you may want
some of the features offered by Oracle 10g - but try finding a hosting
provider in your price range!

MySql tends to be more widely supported by ISPs than Postgres or at a
lower cost but this is not always the case. Postgres has some nice
features that are missing or incomplete in MySql but these can be
often worked around in the application tier.

You should also be asking yourself about some of the essential user
requirements. For example: full text search is available for MyISAM
but not InnoDB, but you can mix and match table types in a single
database or use cake to read from different databases. I believe
Postgres relies on contrib modules to fulfill this requirement.

The great thing about cake is that you can swap in and out databases
with very little hassle (provided all your logic is in the application
tier), so take Chis' advice: "Just build it, damnit!"  :)

~GreyCells