A framework is a product to build apps quickly and presumablly better :)
but last consideration may not be true :(
Second thing a fw is a product for developers and every developer (in my
experience) have his/her vision of a killer apps. Why it must be a cms and
not a pim or a search engines like google? It's difficult for developer
thinking at a killer apps because usually it does not build an application
for him/her necessity but on request of her/his clients. Therefore if we
would make a killer apps I think we would think at something of totally new.
Why we would think to do a better cms of joomla or mambo or drupal? An apps
is not better of another based on the tools you use to develop it. In my
opinion a winner App is, or an application that resolves a big or boring
trouble or something that is the first in it's field. For now the best
killer app we can build is cake itself, and made our efforts to help make it
even better. I am very pleasing to this group and to any user that share
him/her knowledge and save me tons of hard work to reinvent the well or to
test by myself how to things works.
But this is my opinion.