On Apr 2, 12:19 pm, "gerbenzomp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I tried both your examples, but the problem seems to be that I use the
> requestaction within default.thtml, and it seems there's no data
> available about the parent action...
>
> Is there some other way, because now I use the $_GET['url'] method,
> which is just very dirty and unreliable.

a layout is processed by an instance of the class view (as is a
'view') and $this->name and $this-action will be available for you to
use; aswell as other bits of info which you'll see with pr($this);
die; in the layout. When in the layout there is no parent action, as
you don't get a layout using requestAction.

You may find though that using requestAction on every page (does this
change at all?) will add significantly (approx 30% min.) to your page
load times. You are probably better off simply using a component to
get whatever this plugin is processing, and an element to display it.
If the data doesn't change the component and/or element can refer to a
cached source of info.

HTH,

AD