Hi All,

So I've gotten to a point in my app that I need to implement some sort of
(basic) search engine functionality. It wouldn't be that hard to do if all
the content was housed in database tables (as I could do something similar
to what gwoo suggested in
http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/d94d6521b70e6e09/b68f0389f18b8c5e?lnk=gst&q=search+engine&rnum=6#b68f0389f18b8c5e)
but my main problem is that a fair bit of content is found in view files
(under app/views with .html extension to differentiate from .thtml files as
the latter often contain forms and stuff that shouldn't be searchable). I
thought about maybe doing a grep on any file under app/views with a .html
extension for the search term entered, but it's a pretty hacky way of doing
it (and wouldn't scale well if the site got busy), so, apart from doing my
own indexing, can anyone suggest a way I can achieve this? I've had a search
around but couldn't find any cakebaker/bakery articles on a scenario similar
to mine.

Thanks in advance!

- Gonzalo