I am using CakePHP 1.2.0.5146. I am trying to write a session variable
using
$this->Session->write('alpha',15);
in users_controller.php for "add" action as follows:
function add() {
        $success = false;

        if(!empty($this->data)) {
                $this->cleanUpFields();

                $user_input = $this->data['User']['verify'];
                echo 'User input is : '.$user_input;
                echo 'Expect input is : '.$this->Session->read('alpha');
                $success = true;
        }
        if (!$success)
        {
                $this->Session->write('alpha',15);

When the form is posted, in expected input, I am not able to see the
session variable alpha which I had set during the intial view. Can
someone point me in right direction what's wrong?

I know that session variable is set because when I look into database
for session entry, I do see the variable 'alpha' declared as 15 in the
data column. But somehow it is not shown when the form is posted or
read is requested!