On 6/6/07, unimatrixZxero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> He only wants to CALL the methods from the view, which is perfectly
> fine. This does not contradict MVC in any way. In Ruby on Rails you
> can do this. The reason this doesn't work in Cake PHP is simply one of
> it's shortcomings. The ActiveRecord pattern is not done
> 'correctly' (i.e. not all aspects are implemented). A row should
> correspond to an object. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_record_pattern

CakePHP has a set of rules, and one of those rules is "thou shalt not
call models from your views".  Yes, that sucks when you want to do it.
 I'm sure Craig is smart enough to figure it out using CakePHP's
rules.  I've often found that when you can't do something a certain
way in any given application framework, chances are you are probably
taking the wrong approach.  Be flexible. :)

--
Chris Hartjes

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard