Well, we're half way there. It kind of worked, technically the select
worked and selected the data in the correct order.

But the problem is this: The $paginator helper does not recognize the
$order var. So when I call $paginator->sort(), it sorts by its own set
of default criteria. This criteria I cannot figure out how to set just
yet. Do you know how to control the PaginatorHelpers default order?