> > Chris I'll admit that the time lines ARE based on my own personal
> > needs. That was the point of my message. But I'm not alone. Add my
> > personal needs to the needs of thousands of other programmers who use
> > the framework professionally, and it becomes justified to at least ask
> > the question, "When will this be ready?". "Someday" is not a good
> > enough answer. My point is that we can still be in the same position a
> > year from now, still getting the same answer. "Someday". But this
> > conversation will just end up in a continuous loop. Since it is open
> > source, there doesn't have to be accountability from the CakePHP team
> > members. The finger can always be pointed back at the end user who in
> > turn is relying on the team members to explain what they have built.
> > So in a loop, we continue;
>
> Sorry its not a good enough answer for you. Maybe CakePHP and open
> source is not for you.

Like I said, the issue of accountability is basically thrown out the
window. And you end up getting a response like that. Then you wonder
where the frustration from the community comes from?

> If you think your donations are lining the pockets of lazy
> developers, you sure better have some facts to back up an attack like
> that.

My only evidence is 8+ months to move from 1.1 to 1.2. Is that not
evidence enough?

Btw, I'm really not this critical of a person but I think its about
time someone asked for some accountability from the Cake team. You're
right, "someday" is not good enough of an answer for me. But again, it
not just me, multiply that by the thousands of other developers who
are asking the same question. I'm just saying out loud what everyone
else is thinking.