It seems to me that there are a lot of good arguments on both sides of
the wiki style debate (wikipedia seems to work, but only through shear
number of managers).

However, the point here is more fundamental to Cake in my opinion.
It's already been raised that it can be difficult to identify and
directly contact the Cake team, and that communication - especially in
the area of documentation - has been limited of late. Endless thanks
to John for clarifying that (Cf. State of the Docs thread).

Of course, when you don't tell people how to find the tools, and you
don't give them the tools (decent 1.2 docs) they will tend to go and
do their own thing. vide the excellent commented manual idea.

Is there anything the Cake core team can do to embrace the community's
ideas more enthusiatically, and open up the cabal a bit. Cease and
desist tactics, and snotty comments in groups like this are the domain
of the closed source world, and defy the spirit of free and open
source software.

Cake is a great platform, but we could be nicer to people who are
trying to use it. I will certainly try and do so myself in this forum
now I've figured it all out.