For those that interest on using CakePHP without mod_rewrite I had put
together a recap of all the tweaks that I did to get CakePHP work
without mod_rewrite.

Here is the link to that article:
http://support.ongetc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=250&Itemid=182

Please let me know if you have any question.

Thanks