I know it is optimal with the Cake default setting and the mod_rewrite
but there are cases that mod_rewrite is simple not available.

That is why I am trying to understand Cake configuration to see if I
can move thing around and Cake would still work.

So far I am able to move "cake" core out of htdocs now I will see if I
can fiddling with "app" too.  Not sure yet!

Thanks