> I know it is optimal with the Cake default setting and the mod_rewrite
> but there are cases that mod_rewrite is simple not available.
>
> That is why I am trying to understand Cake configuration to see if I
> can move thing around and Cake would still work.
>
> So far I am able to move "cake" core out of htdocs now I will see if I
> can fiddling with "app" too.  Not sure yet!

one fix would be to move the entire CAKE folder (app, cake, vendors)
outside of htdocs, and then move the contents of CAKE/app/webroot
(img, css, js, index.php) into htdocs. You should only then need to
change the location in the webroot index.php file of the CAKE dir and
your set. I do that often, though with mod_rewrite on, however I can't
see any reason why no mod_rewrite would have any impact on this.

hth

jb

--

jon bennett