On 7/28/07, Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ah, well, there is a little more involved when it comes to trademark
> and patent law. But yes, the logo is definitely owned and must be
> "blessed." However, in a past project I worked on, Hasbro games tried
> to convince my publisher that they couldn't use the word "Monopoly" in
> the title of a book and lost the case flat out. So it is a little less
> cut-and-dry legally when referring to something rather than taking the
> logo, etc.

The use of the name "CakePHP" is trademarked and copyrighted.  I have
seen the documents myself online.  Anyway, my point is this:  do you
really want to make the driving force behind CakePHP (that would be
PhpNut) mad at you?  I'm sure all it will take is a few emails between
the two of you to get everything all smoothed out.

--
Chris Hartjes
Senior Developer

My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard