I'm not sure under which conditions it occurs but in my new install of
1.2.5427, in CAKE/lib/controllers/components/auth.php:778, in
AuthComponent::_normalizeURL  it seems possible for $paths['base'] to
be an empty string.

This causes an error in the call to stristr.

I no longer get the error, but I don't have any idea of the true
effects of the change:

auth.php/AuthComponent::_normalizeURL()
<code>
$paths = Router::getPaths();
if (!empty($paths['base']) && stristr($url, $paths['base'])) {
    $url = r($paths['base'], '', $url);
}
</code>

Under what conditions does Router::getPaths() return an array without
an empty string in $paths['base']?

-cjames