I just made an ajax app that has a couple of refreshing divs in it,
using  $ajax->remoteTimer. The elements usually update with the right
content, but once and a while, this error message is served instead:

> Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in
> [...]/app/tmp/cache/persistent/class.paths.php on line 25

or

> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in
> [...]/app/tmp/cache/persistent/class.paths.php on line 14

Looking at snapshots of the file app/tmp/cache/persistent/
class.paths.php, shows that it's written incorrectly:

23 > $config['Components']['Core']['RequestHandlerComponent'] =
array('path' => './cake/libs/controller/components/
request_handler.php', );
24 > ller.php', );
25 > $config['Components']['Core']['RequestHandlerComponent'] =
array('path' => './cake/libs/controller/components/
request_handler.php', );

and:

12 > $config['Components']['Core']['SessionComponent'] = array('path'
=> './cake/libs/controller/components/session.php', );
13 > ndler.php', );
14 > $config['Components']['Core']['RequestHandlerComponent'] =
array('path' => './cake/libs/controller/components/
request_handler.php', );

My entire app is hosted from an NFS mounted directory.
Could that be causing these problems?

Would it help to move the app/tmp directory to a local file system?
Then my next questions are: how to do that / is there a configuration
setting?
And, how can I be certain that these errors won't pop up when for
example the load on my site get's higher?
Is it possible to switch off using the class.paths.php file which is
obviously some sort of cache file?

Any suggestions?

Bram