Google groups is not a web forum, but is a mailing list (with some poor
features that resemble a webforum)

I can provide some pros of a forum to this gGroup:
- people are more familiar with forums
- forums provide many more useful features gGroups don't (and can't, since
they are mailing lists)
- majority of forums WORK. gGroups don't. (especially the web interface)

and finally: since the topic has been beat to death ... I suppose as many
people wouldn't be talking about a forum, If they wouldn't prefere one!

Of course I shall put my best effort into getting the most of using gGroups
as well. So please be so kind and tell me, how do You browse through
discussions through email interface? Do you get every single mail, or do you
just get some shortened version?