You should probably move this function to a component. What are you
doing in the function? Why is it in this particular controller?

If you insist on keeping it in the controller, you can do something in
beforeFilter(), perhaps something with $this->Security like calling
blackhole()? Not sure if this will solve your problem but its
something to consider.

Wayne