I am having troubles with Auth component too (but after the login
step). My code is very similar, except that I'm using in
AppController:

function isAuthorized() {
   // This should authorize any controller/action, even if I'm not
logged in, right?
   return true;
}

But when I try to access to any controller/action I'm being redirected
to users/login.

Thanks in advance!