On Nov 7, 9:07 pm, Arne-Kolja Bachstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My goal is to implement the authentication basics directly into /app/
> app_controller.php rather than the users controller, as I think it

I posted something about this recently, where authentication is done
in the main app_controller with default behaviours, and controllers
can fine tune it.

http://ertw.com/blog/2007/11/04/a-simple-authentication-system-with-cakephp-12-and-auth-component/

It uses controller based authorization (which again can have a global
policy at the app_controller level, and be overridden at the
controller level)

Sean