Have you registered the domain as yours yet?
I do speak french, and eventhough I am not a Cake expert, I believe
that translating the docs is a doable task. I can commit myself to
such a project. Still as avairet says, there needs to be leadership.
Why not you? Since it's your idea... I am now waiting for you to launh
the website, to make clear what are the role to play when we engage
ourselves.
Donc je n'attend que ton signal.