Hi all,

I am a newbie in cakePHP, and I have created a table as per below.

I have 3 fields for my categories table, and would like to create a
Select form element to insert new categories and link within the table
itself(where the parent_id comes from the id).

Such that it will echo the select option in this manner:
of "id" and "catname" are populated from the table below.

categories table:
id
catname
parent_id

I have tried some of the ways that will google help, but none seems
successful, in which I could only end up with the id instead of
catname.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.