Hi. I am new to CakePHP and would be thankful for help:

I'm creating a social networking website. Suppose I want to create a
profile page, which displays a user's data. The view would be app/
views/users/profile.php and there would be a controller app/
controllers/users_controller.php with a profile() function (i.e.
action).

What if I want to create a homepage? I don't want this homepage to be
under app/views/users and have a corresponding homepage() function is
app/controllers/users_controller.php. I want the homepage to have
access to data from the 'users' table (e.g. to display a random user's
information), but don't believe it should be associated in the CakePHP
structure to the 'users' table. A homepage is a more general sort of
page.

Is this possible in CakePHP or am I constrained to associate every
view with a database table, model, and controller?

Thank you. Any help is much appreciated.

~ Boris