Or even better.. copy the page_controller from the cake core to your
controllers folder and *gasp* give a $uses array..

Then you dont have those pesky dispatcher calls. If your application doesn't
have a great need for requestAction then you should avoid it. I even write
my elements / requestAction combos now so that they check to see if the data
the need exists in some form in the view - and fascist cacheing - before I
make the requestAction calls - they really add up in terms of framework
overhead )