> Solution?
> Set the Cake Session Security to Medium.
> This is what I did.

Yeap, setting to Medium would solve the problem.

> I'm not sure if this is how the entire Session Process is

It's how it is designed to work. When security is set to high, session
id changes each time cake is reached. This is to void session
hijacking.
However, your simultaneous ajax calls should not have been
'interpreted' by cake as some kind of hijacking. So IMO it'd better if
cake allows to specify a passage of time (a window) within it cake
will not regenerate session id. The way cake handles 'high' security
seems ... too strict. In fact, to avoid unwanted side effects
associated with 'high',  'medium' is usually used as a *solution*. So
the value of 'high' some how diminishes / is less practical; and your
case is a good example.

Zonium