I been reading a lot of discussions on the cakephp mailing list. but, could
not figure out how to do this properly. Maybe this thread will be useful
someday.
I am familiar with the settings for Apache (httpd.conf) and PHP (php.ini),
the only thing i am a bit clueless is the .htaccess file, but could
understand how it works.

1. Created a apache alias called /cakewww/ on example.com ON httpd.ini. Now
it will look like example.com/cakewww/, when visited.
2. Configured Apache directory directive ON httpd.ini. -- AllowOverride None
to AllowOverride All
3. Extracted cake 1.x to /www/. It is now /www/cakephp_1.x/.
4. Renamed /www/cakephp_1.x/ to /www/cakewww/
5. Visited example.com/cakewww/

* 404 Error - WHY? because cakephp is configured to be set on the main
domain. Which on my example is example.com. Which resides on a folder /www/.
When visited, it will still visit example.com/ and not example.com/cakewww/.

6. So, edited /www/cakewww/.htaccess

from ---------------

to --------------- (added RewriteBase /cakewww/)

> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>    RewriteEngine on
>    RewriteBase /cakewww/
>    Redirect /google.html http://www.google.com
>    RewriteRule    ^$ app/webroot/    [L]
>    RewriteRule    (.*) app/webroot/$1 [L]
> </IfModule>

7. Visited example.com/cakewww/ -- shoot! It worked, even the CSS
(stylesheet).
8. Tried to check if the whole cake thing works by visiting
example.com/cakewww/testurl -- :( did not worked, 400 error on Apache.

Now, i am lost. What's next?

--
Louie Miranda ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.axishift.com

Security Is A Series Of Well-Defined Steps
chmod -R 0 / ; and smile :)