Maybe it's just me, but I tried to add a comment to an article on the bakery,
and it wouldn't show up, and didn't show a error message. So I am going to add
it here. I am also going to scour the bakery source to find the root of the
issue.

The article: http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/want-to-order-your-sql

The comment:

<comment>
 <title>Who approved this??</title>
  Sorry if this seems harsh but I think the above code is a terrible example to
put on the bakery.

  A better solution for "mock stored procedures" already exists. Just create a
method in your model like so.

  function getSomething($param1, $param2 = 0) {
   return $this->findAll( array('blah' => $param1) );
  }

  or if you need custom sql:

  function getSomething($param1, $param2 = 0) {
   return $this->query("SELECT ... ");
  }

  If it's something that is application specific, chuck it in your AppModel.
</comment>