Hi. I'm trying to call a component function which accesses $this-
>controller on the controller's beforeFilter .. and I get an error
mentioning $this->controller is not an object. It works ok when I call
the same function on index. Here's some example code, is there any
workaround ? Using 1.2 beta.

class SomeController extends AppController{
 var $components = array('SomeComponent');
 var $mystuff = null;

 function index() {
   echo "on index ".$this->SomeComponent->getMyStuff();
 }
 function beforeFilter() {
  $this->mystuff = $this->SomeComponent->getMyStuff();

class SomeComponent extends Component {
 function initialize(&$controller) {
  $this->controller = $controller;
 }