Thanks for the inputs guys... Coupling both of these resolves the issues.
I am having another AJAX problem.. with the below said string when i click
some other tab, the images on the foucsed tab fade but the images for the
new tab start appearing one by one. I want that they dont appear one by one
rather i want to load them at once using some Scriptaucolous effect(An
effect similar to the dynamic update on youtube home page). Any ideas on how
this can be done?

Thanks.