On Jan 18, 2008 3:32 PM, rtconner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This particular issue is the framework trying to baby it's users.
> Telling us that we can't implement our own security practices. It's
> not even that you can turn it off if you don't want it, you just can't
> turn it off. You literally have to "deal with it" with a little
> workaround of some sort. Not that it's super hard to work around, but
> it is a work around. It's just annoying, and silly.. like I said.

Okay, here's a "put up or shut up" challenge for you.

Add a 'autohash' variable to the Auth component, and when it's set to
false tell the Auth component to not automatically hash the password.

i.e.
$this->Auth->autohash = false;

In fact, file a ticket on trac suggesting this.

If you do that, then I promise to not mercilessly mock you in other threads. ;)

But if you won't do it, then it's the equivalent of complaining about
the government when you don't vote in any elections.

--
Chris Hartjes
Internet Loudmouth