In our project when we need to send email we actually input it into a
database queue to be sent later via cron (a cake console app). We want
to keep the functionality of the email component but need to add a
__db (or whatever you would like to call it) method so we can choose
between 'mail', 'smtp' and 'db' (or whatever).

My first plan was to patch email.php so it would first see if $this-
>delivery was defined, if not check parent:: however this can't be
done (AFAIK) due so the way components are instantiated.

Does anyone have any suggestions that don't involve me copying
email.php into my components directory and potentially going out of
sync with cake?