Hi i approached the problem diffrently - i have a Email model that
acts just like Email component (same api) but it doesnt render
anything (faster) only saves the data( the seted data for the view ,
template , to ,from etc) in the db.

I also have a custom shell with a task that reads a batch of emails
every couple of minutes and sends them using the email component (
also extended to use swift mailer but thats another thing). Look at
the bakery about using the email component in a cake shell - Jippi
made a great article about it.

HTH,

--
Marcin Domanski